Have you ever wondered about the forbidden items on airplanes?, What elements and objects are prohibited in the luggage that you get on a plane? If you have traveled by plane before, especially international flights, you will have felt the stomach ache in the security check line thinking whether or not you kept your tweezers or your nail scissors in the bag.
So that it does not happen to you, we have created this post about the luggage and the forbidden items on airplanes; both for checked luggage and hand luggage.
Also, remember that there is a maximum size for hand luggage permitted by the airlines. This size may be slightly different for each one of them. Find here a Carry-On size chart.
This list is only referential, the security guards have the faculty to ask you to remove any element of your luggage if they think it could be a danger to the plane or to the people in it. If something happens, be nice to them and try to explain what is the use of the object and if you made a mistake and it is a forbidden element, ask them if they can ship it to your destination, sometimes this process is normal and they will not have problems taking your data and send it to you.
Prohibited items in hand luggage and prohibited items in checked baggage: you definitely can not travel with them!
Objects prohibited in hand luggage but that can be checked.
- Shaving blades
- Scissors / Nail clippers (many say you can take nail pliers, I have been removed twice)
- Knitting or crochet
- Scalpel, Syringe, Needle.
- Corkscrew (as for wine)
- Tools with tip (screwdriver) or blunt objects (hammer)
- Swiss Army Knives.
Liquids, Creams, and Gel.
- You can only carry liquids and gels in containers of up to 100 ml, with a maximum of 1000 ml or one liter per flight. In addition, the containers must be able to be contained in their entirety in a bag with a 20 cm x 20 cm stamp. Any other liquid element is forbidden in carry-on baggage.
- Liquid remedies of more than 100 ml can be transported in hand luggage with a medical prescription that justifies its consumption for the passenger.
Food and drinks:
- Drinks you must acquire after security control for international flights. On domestic flights, they do not present any problem for passing bottles of water or drink. One tip is to take an empty bottle and fill it with water after passing through security control.
- Food can always be put on the plane, however, check the local laws of your destination country to make sure your ticket is allowed. Many countries prohibit the entry of food from other countries, so even if it is not prohibited in carry-on baggage, if they can be removed on arrival in the country of destination by customs laws.
- If it is baby food or milk, you must declare it and show it in the security control. They will not give you problems after checking everything.
- External chargers or lithium batteries (it is prohibited but today they let you pass them anyway, try not to exceed 20,000 mah.
- Selfie Sticks / Selfie Sticks.
- Tripods (Some airports do not put problems, but better not risk …)
- Weapons transport is allowed only if you have the license for that.
- If you travel with children, toy guns can bring you problems and be confiscated. Better take your child some toy that does not resemble a weapon.
- Musical instruments can be transported as hand luggage if their dimensions allow them to be stored in the upper cabins.
- Baby cars can get to the door of the plane, where you must leave them to be stored with checked luggage.
If you travel by plane, we invite you to read these posts that can be helpful: